Please!!! I encourage anyone who follows me or sees this to sign this petition. My city is under a lot of distress right now for this wrongful doing. Here is the link to sign the petition… https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/mike-brown-law-requires-all-state-county-and-local-police-wear-camera/8tlS5czf
see this makes more sense, change.org wouldn’t do shit but here the government HAS to look at it
for those who are experiencing anxiety because of all the news about Ferguson:
please stay informed yet calm!
Okay there’s a lot of different posts with multiple links each on how to help and some of them overlap so I’m just gonna compile all the relevant links I can think of here:
- Share this post on how to make a tear gas mask
- Share this post on your rights and how to react/respond when you are approached by legal authorities
- Donate to/share the legal fund for arrested Ferguson protesters
- Attend one of/share info for the National Moment of Silence for Victims of Police Brutality vigils
- Donate to/share #FeedFerguson, which will help feed families and children who get most of their food from school (which has been closed until further notice)
- Donate to/share the Michael Brown Memorial Fund
- Watch/Share videos of the events in Ferguson
- Read/Share these related and/or directly relevant articles
- Read/Share this post listing details of the five most widely observed instances of racist police violence in the past three weeks
- Sign this petition to prompt President Obama to enact new federal laws to protect citizens from police violence/misconduct
Contact the Ferguson Police Department and seek information on those being detained, the protests, legal procedures, etc.
Ferguson Police Department
Email (taken off the site)
222 S. Florissant Road Ferguson, MO 63135
Ph: 314-522-3100 Fx: 314-524-5290
- DO NOT reblog photos of Mike Brown’s body lying on the street. His family has requested that these photos not be spread around. Please respect their wishes.
Very importantly, stay alert. Read everything you can on the subject. The reports on The New York Times, Al Jazeera, and other news outlets are very limited, especially because the police in Ferguson are going to great lengths to keep reporters out. Seek out what you can online and from first hand sources, if you know anyone in the area. Listen to the stories of those who have been affected by this tragedy and other similar ones. Educate yourself as much as you possibly can so you can help make sure the right people are heard.
Hi friends, probably best not to use the search function/tags system right now. Plenty of unsavory things being posted in as many tags as possible. If you are sensitive to ogre and other inflammatory things, the safest thing is to stay on your dashboard where the only posts you see are from the people you already follow. Good luck and stay safe!
Another week spent on the beach. It’s a different condo this time, but the same building we were in when all of this started.
Jaden and Nate had a three hour long talk last night. Apparently it ended awkwardly and Nate apologized to him this morning. Other than that it seems like Jaden is getting a little braver in his desire to talk to others externally more often.
Giselle has been quiet but peaceful during this vacation. She seems to be taking it all in. We bought some cool things at a store today and she really appreciates them for their color/texture. She’s very interested in different stimuli of the senses. Touch, sound, sight, she cares more about experiencing the small details of things around her.
Luke expressed some frustration in the way he feels the community sees him. He wants to correct it, but at the same time is to anxious to/also has too little interest in internet things.
Life goes on. Excited to be here. Excited for the rest of the vacation.
"We’re eye doctors."
"What’s something about the eye that most people don’t realize?"
"The eye doesn’t see. The brain sees. The eye just transmits. So what we see isn’t only determined by what comes through the eyes. What we see is affected by our memories, our feelings, and by what we’ve seen before."